Thank you for your interest in volunteering.
This application will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete.
Volunteer Role Description
To provide crisis intervention, advocacy, resources and support to survivors of
sexual assault and their friends and families. Must be 18 years of age or over. A 12-month
commitment is requested.
- Crisis phone counseling (including overnight/weekends)
- Hospital advocacy (including overnight/weekends)
- Participate in community education by facilitating discussion around sexual violence
- Collect and record accurate victim/survivor data
- Hold in confidence all agency and related business
- General administrative tasks and special projects
- Work with people of all cultural backgrounds, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations,
gender identities, abilities and socio-economic backgrounds
- Complete SVC’s Sexual Assault Advocacy Training
- Office shifts four hours a week (for the first 6 months)
- Attend monthly supervision sessions facilitated by SVC staff
- Respond to crisis line calls for support and hospital advocacy requests for two or more on-call
shifts per month (including overnight & weekends)
- To attend a minimum of four in-service continuing education trainings per year
Additional Duties (Optional)
- Short term one-to-one peer counseling
- Support group facilitation
- Legal advocacy: criminal and civil justice support
- Community Education/Tabling/Speaking.
- Board or committee memberships/special projects.